With over 600 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $128 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of December 31, 2017), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Under the supervision of the Director, Data Management and Reporting, the incumbent is responsible for the quality of the data in the various databases (Eagle DataHub, Fixed Income Database and others). In addition, the incumbent participates in several projects that create or consume corporate data.
Within the framework of his or duties, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Monitor the daily downloading of data into the databases (including Eagle DataHub) as well as exports of these data to the firm’s other systems
- On a daily basis, verify the quality of the downloaded market data and of the transactional data, and run them again as required, keeping in mind the interdependencies among the various systems (Eagle, FMC, OMS, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Develop or maintain Excel and Eagle reports to meet the needs of various users
- Participate in testing when new functions are being implemented or when a version of Eagle or of another application is being changed
- Receive and analyze users’ requests concerning their needs for corporate and market data
- Perform research with a view to acquiring new market data
- Perform any other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or in another discipline
- IFIC or CSC course completed or in the process of completion is an asset
SPECIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ past experience in a portfolio management firm, performing similar duties
- Knowledge of data providers Bloomberg, MSCI and RIMES
- Knowledge of the types of market indexes
- Knowledge of financial instruments and of the associated market data
- Functional knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of simple SQL queries an asset
- Attention to detail and ability to manage priorities
- Independence, resourcefulness and sense of accountability
- Team player with a strong ability to adapt in a complex, changing environment
- Proficiency in the use of Excel
- Eagle is an asset
- Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written)
Fiera Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Fiera Capital will not tolerate discrimination or harassment. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.