With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $143 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of September 30th, 2018), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The Project Manager will lead high client-impact projects to deliver on the firm’s strategic plan and work closely with executive stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of transformational capabilities. We are looking for someone passionate about using a mix of rigorous analysis, market and product data, empathy and intuition to deliver on projects that will transform the operating model of financial services. The project manager will own their projects end-to-end and are responsible for their ultimate success. This is a high impact role that is well suited to entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative person who is excited by the challenge of identifying, validating, building and delivering new projects.
As a project manager, you will:
• Drive execution of strategic projects – setup appropriate project governance, develop the global delivery plan, lead collaboration between departments, define business requirements, ensure periodic incremental delivery, testing, and successful implementation
• Represent the needs of stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, providing expertise and working knowledge of various business operations processes in the asset management industry
• Own various project organizational activities such as risk and issue monitoring and mitigation, operation and information risk management, status reporting and delivery governance
• Ensure products and features are launched on schedule and are actively adopted by our customers by following an agile process.
• Measure, analyze and provide insights into the adoption and health of product usage.
• Own the product backlog and weekly cadence – write user stories, prioritize feature development, plan iterations, and keep your engineers unblocked;
• Conduct competitive analysis and synthesize findings to make data-driven product decisions;
• Lead client-facing projects and work closely with executive stakeholders to ensure a timely delivery of feature complete applications;
• Set client expectations, maintain communication with key stakeholders while ensuring a great customer experience;
• Leading designs sprints and consult clients on how to prioritize their product roadmaps;
• Work with cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions to problems faced by the business units.
• A Bachelor’s or graduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, information systems, computer science or similar field
Skills and Experiences
• 5+ years as a project/product manager or equivalent consulting experience.
• The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in large programs involving business and technology project work
• Prior experience across full project life cycle, understanding the change implications and execution model needed in the financial services regulatory environment
• Demonstrated project delivery experience in functions of asset management like client onboarding, reporting, billing, order management, compliance, valuations, performance, risk analytics, sec lending, index and market data
• Proficiency with at least one agile methodology – e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
• Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
• Have a user-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
• Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
• Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
• Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
• Very strong communication skills and know how to influence without authority.
• Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
• Savvy with quantitative analysis and a working knowledge of statistics
• Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
• Have passion for reading books like: The Lean Startup (Eric Ries), Sprint (Jake Knapp), and The Innovators Dilemma (Clayton M. Christensen) and applying the knowledge gained for successful project delivery.
Fiera Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Fiera Capital will not tolerate discrimination or harassment. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.