With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $143 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of September 30th, 2018), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The candidate will work closely with the Account Services and Client Engagement Teams to onboard accounts to Fiera Capitals platform, establish best in class processes and maintain data integrity.
The candidate will be required to partner with both internal and external stakeholders. If successful in this role, this position could lead to a full-time position in our 2-year Investment Operations Analyst Development Program upon graduation.
- Document process flows. Identify, design and implement process improvement solutions
- Develop and maintain performance and risk metrics that will help the management team understand the health of the business, identify risks and highlight automation opportunities
- Support new business initiatives including new clients or investment strategies being added to the platform; including necessary paperwork required to open new accounts or markets with our external service providers
- Contribute to at least one group project assignment each year, including a presentation to Senior Management
- Collaborate with Sr. Management on longer-term strategic projects, including workflow automation
Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant field. Expected graduation 2020.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity; the confidence to ask questions and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand, implement, monitor and improve upon key risk and performance metrics
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Methodical, detailed oriented and collaborative approach
- Team player, results-oriented and self-starter
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong presentation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in technology and process automation
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive environment that acknowledges everyone's opinion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Fiera Capital does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any Fiera Capital employee, office location or website. Fiera Capital will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.