With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $143 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of September 30th, 2018), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The Head of Fund Administration will oversee the team that supports public and private pooled vehicle operations and be the primary point of contact for the Fund Boards. The successful candidate in this highly visible role will also work closely with 3rd Party vendors, Operations, Client Services, Legal & Compliance, Marketing and Finance to produce and validate shareholder and board reports, including fund performance, as well as support periodic fund audits and tax preparations. The position will provide strategic leadership and implement industry best practices for our Fund complex as well as drive continuous improvements to improve data & reporting across the organization.
Manage Fund Administration team members:
- Build a high performing team capable of delivering quality results in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment
- Develop and coach team members, set goals, manage progress and motivate them to maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Empower team members to participate in and lead high level projects that will promote growth and effectiveness
- Lead by example and keep employee’s workload manageable and challenging
- Advocate on behalf of the team in any arena where they need a voice
Oversee all internal pooled vehicle operations:
- Maintain knowledge of industry practices and emerging trends impacting fund operations
- Develop processes to ensure accurate mutual fund SEC compliance and vendor oversight
- Ensure fund reporting calendar is maintained and all filings are properly validated and completed on time
- Support subscriptions and redemptions and other cash movements in all private and public vehicles
- Liaise with sales and client service group; facilitate and complete investor requests
- Prepare analytics used for cyclical performance reporting (liquidity, exposures, risk, etc.)
- Design and oversee SOPs and ensure team is abiding by each policy
- Coordinate with Finance team for yearly audits and tax preparation
- Design and implement workflows and controls to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in business requirements, testing and implementation of new technology
Serve as the point person for all new product / fund launch activities related to Fund Administration:
- Be the resident expert on fund mechanics, structures, and reporting requirements
- Be a vocal participant in implementation meetings; share knowledge and drive approach as required
- Develop and manage project plans as necessary to achieve desired business goals
Manage relationship with third-party service providers (Fund Administrators, custodians, auditors, etc.):
- Develop & maintain an industry presence and leverage best practices
- Know the contract terms and ensure proper execution of responsibilities
- Manage relationship; monitor and report performance via KPIs. Escalate and resolve service issues, as required
- Partner with the service providers to design & implement processes to meet FCIs business requirements