With close to 750 employees, Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading independent asset management firm, is rapidly acquiring a global presence and reputation. With $143 billion in assets under management (In Canadian dollars, as of September 30th, 2018), the firm offers institutional, private wealth and retail markets full-service, integrated portfolio-management solutions that span a broad array of traditional and alternative asset classes.
Headquartered in Montreal, Fiera Capital also has offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Halifax, as well as New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Dayton (Ohio) in the United States, London in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Frankfurt, Germany.
Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Support the Director, Financial Accounting in maintaining accurate financial accounting records and ensuring compliance with internal controls. The Manager will manage a team of [2-3] employees.
- Prepare the monthly financial statements for Fiera Capital and its affiliates.
- Review and analyze supporting documents, and ensure amounts are recorded in the proper accounts
- Oversee the reconciliation of balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Prepare various provisions and key analyses of the company’s revenue and expenses
- Ensure the ongoing improvement and documenting of accounting processes, internal controls and system
- Prepare interim and year-end files for auditors and tax preparers.
- Liaise with the parent company corporate finance division.
- Participate in implementation of new accounting system.
- Assist the Director with special projects
- University degree in Accounting
- CPA Accounting Certification.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- 6 to 8 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs (i.e. advanced Excel)
- Knowledge of SAP accounting software
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, strong collaborator
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to develop an overall vision
- Good organizational skills and autonomous
- Proven accounting, analytical and auditing skills
Our people are the most valuable asset we have and it is our mission to build an inclusive environment that acknowledges everyone's opinion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in a career with Fiera Capital. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: Fiera Capital does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any Fiera Capital employee, office location or website. Fiera Capital will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.