Responsible for supporting the daily tasks, functions, and responsibilities of the Procurement Department and the Indirect Buyers which will focus on, but is not limited to, entering Vendor Master data into SAP for new vendors and vendor changes including following security procedures to confirm and document change requests, placing routine orders as assigned, and, follow-up on orders. Additional projects as assigned by manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for supporting the day-to-day purchasing for the company by:
o managing vendor data entry and vendor changes in the ERP system
o expediting and PO follow-up
o filing and clerical support duties
• Learn procurement systems, policies, and processes and may provide support for end users.
• Assists in the resolution of Accounts Payable invoice and other discrepancies related to purchasing
• Assists with routine orders as assigned
• Can work within team environment and independently on clearly defined tasks assigned
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• AA/BA degree in related discipline; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Understands general aspects of the job.
• Exceptional customer service skills and a strong work ethic required.
• Must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to accept responsibility for work activities and complete in an accurate and timely manner.
• Team player who isn’t afraid to reach out to when questions arise.
• Exhibits high attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy, especially in work within the ERP system.
• Applies acquired job skills and company policies/procedures to complete tasks.
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral. Conducts themselves in a professional manner when dealing with team members and our internal customers.
• Reads and interprets documents as needed for the job.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications and a background in basic computer skills.
• Works on assigned problems of limited scope with analysis of situation or data.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Not hesitant to ask questions to clarify instructions or for guidance.
• Builds productive internal and external working relationships
• Uses professional concepts and company’s policies and procedures to solve a variety of routine problems
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.