This successful and highly motivated candidate will support the Company’s insurance risk program. The Risk Analyst will provide appropriate business risk assessments, identify areas of risk of loss, quantify the impact, develop and evaluate policies and provide guidance to the Company’s decision makers. The Risk Analyst is important role within the organization to minimize the impact of operational and financial risk to the enterprise.
Insurance policies managed under this program include: Property and Casualty lines of insurance including but not limited to General/Product Liability, including Clinical Trial coverage, Cargo, D&O Liability, Crime, Fiduciary Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, Environmental, and other coverage essential to our organization.
In addition, this position will also assist with claims administration and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with gathering information to facilitate renewal of corporate business insurance programs;
• Assist with management and coordination of the local insurance placement for clinical trials;
• Track administration of corporate programs including Certificate of Insurances (COIs), policy issuance, binders, invoices, payment status, etc.;
• Provide prompt, accurate, friendly service by responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, claim submission and status;
• Work directly with our internal business partners and brokers;
• Ad hoc projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management, or related technical field
• Minimum 1-2 years of insurance industry, project management or consulting experience in insurance or related fields
• Strong organizational and project management skills; attention to detail
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner under minimal direction; analytically minded
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to partner with the business to understand their needs and drive solutions
• Ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines
• Able to contribute to a culture that is based on teamwork, respect, integrity, and result
• High level of Excel skill
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May also work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.