Position title: Accountant, Sales Accounting & Rebates
Reports to: Manager, Sales Accounting
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The Financial Transaction Support group executes transactional processes for the Corporation’s pulp and paper mill sector, in the areas of sales accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Reporting to the Manager, Sales Accounting, your role will consist of administering customer rebates and providing accounting support for Sales Accounting activities for locations on SAP and other sales systems.
More specifically, you will have to:
• Record and analyze sales transactions, rebates and related balance sheet accounts;
• Meet financial Reporting requirements for Sales Accounting, such as transfer pricing, corporate and tax schedules and audit requirements;
• Ensure data integrity of systems used for sales, rebates and profitability analysis;
• Process rebate payments in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Provide internal control and process support to other groups - deductions and invoicing, customer service sales - related to revenue cycle processes.