Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will collaborate with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to recruit the best qualified candidates for open positions. The candidate will actively seek and develop innovative sourcing strategies as well as emerging technology and tools. The position requires an energetic, creative, and results oriented individual.
- Conduct intake meetings with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to understand job requirements and develop sourcing strategies;
- Prepare the job posting and conduct active searches for candidates for the designated open positions while reviewing incoming applicants;
- Execute pre-screen, conduct phone interview and schedule interviews;
- Coordinate the pre-employment process for potential hires;
- Develop passive candidates through networking, cold calling, Internet searches and social media;
- Ensure each applicant’s progression through the selection process is documented in the applicant tracking system;
- Be a subject matter expert in key areas of sourcing techniques and strategies for technical and non-technical roles;
- Ensure compliance with policies and applicable laws concerning employment and the interviewing process;
- Participate in talent acquisition projects with cross-functional teams;
- Provide a high-level of customer service to both candidates and internal clients/coworkers;
- Perform other HR or recruiting duties as required.