Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The mission of the Corporate Development Department is to manage new business development, corporate strategy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Development, your role as Sr. Analyst, Corporate Development will consist primarily on preparing financial analysis and presentations to support corporate development initiatives, business opportunities and other special projects. On an ongoing basis, you will also be responsible for gathering and analyzing intelligence about industries, segments, end uses and geographic markets in which Domtar has an interest. Also, to offer perspective of key trends and opportunities to support the strategic planning and corporate development group in their decision making process. You will participate in the annual strategic planning process gathering, analyzing and presenting the key trends and the potential impacts on Domtar.
- Gather and analyze information from various groups within finance, from other departments or from external sources;
- Coordinate and facilitate participation from internal and external collaborators to ensure timely progression of analysis and reports;
- Design and prepare detailed financial analysis based on various project requirements, including financial modeling;
- Act as key resource for the development of the knowledge base and on ongoing reports offering perspective and insight into key markets and segments to understand the moves on the identified markets, the potential partnerships, the trends and even to be on the look-out for business opportunities;
- Build analytical models and participate in the market data analysis as required by specific initiatives using data base or reports provided from external sources (marketing studies, etc.) such as Nielsen and others;
- Package and present the deliverables (e.g. project business cases, data for deal negotiations (ex: information memorandums, due diligence requests), Board of Directors and Management Committee materials.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and conceptualization skills;
- Strong analytical mindset and ease of working at analyzing large quantities of data to extract the essential trends;
- Autonomy and professionalism;
- Ability to work under pressure with little guidance;
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time as well as good stress management;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Tact and discretion in a highly confidential environment;
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor degree in Administration, Finance or other related field (MBA preferred); a professional designation in the field of finance (such as a CA or a CFA) and/or experience in mergers and acquisitions in an investment bank is an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in investment banking or within a large organization as part of Corporate Development or Finance teams;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially of Excel and PowerPoint);
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) in English and French.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- A downtown location (Place des Arts metro);
- A modern and spacious environment;
- A flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
- An employee assistance program;
- A childcare center on location;
- Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions;
- Employer-paid development and continuing education.