Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The Centre of Expertise has, for its mission, the management of Domtar’s suite of business and supply chain applications such that the business is equipped with the best and most timely information possible.
More specifically, the payroll and HRIS group has as a mission to manage the payroll operations within a timeframe, conform to the fiscal rules and regulations in addition to the policies and procedures of the company.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR Systems, your main responsibility as a Sr. Business Analyst, HR Systems, will be to analyze the needs of various company sectors in its field of expertise.
- Perform needs analysis for software package development based on internal client objectives;
- Carry out and apply continuous monitoring of gaps between the specific needs required by the market and the functions our solutions provide, while ensuring communication with internal clients;
- Collaborate and help with solution architecture and analysis activities, and update the software package development file in collaboration with other team members;
- Participate in developing the solution deployment and implementation strategy and the communication strategy;
- Actively participate in ad hoc projects and change requests up to the production stage, including user acceptance tests and post-implementation support;
- Oversee software package quality control by coordinating activities, preparing test plans, performing tests, coaching participants and validating documents produced;
- Support various company divisions in its field of expertise in using and configuring products and producing more complex reports. (Including transfer of knowledge on using tools and general knowledge of HRM/Payroll software packages to HR teams);
- Participate in re-engineering work processes, developing procedures and methods of use, developing implementation approaches, addressing complex questions, preparing communications, etc.;
- Participate in harmonizing data from several payroll systems in compliance with applicable methods, standards, policies and procedures.
- You are customer service and results oriented;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong team spirit;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Autonomous and thorough in your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience configuring HR modules or other related experience;
- Experience specific to the payroll sector and to time management;
- Experience in a shared-services centre is an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of HR information systems, especially SAP;
- Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Bilingual in French and English, spoken and written.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- A downtown location (Place des Arts metro);
- A modern and spacious environment;
- A flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
- An employee assistance program;
- A childcare center on location;
- Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
- A pension plan with matching company contributions;
- Employer-paid development and continuing education.