Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for optimizing and enhancing Law's use of existing technologies and building and delivering against a longer-term strategic technology roadmap to improve the efficiency and quality of the way legal services are delivered at Discover.
- Develops and manages Legal Technology Vision and Delivery Roadmap; continually assessing new developments in the legal technology space and the potential impacts to the Roadmap
- Optimizes and enhances existing technologies (e.g.: Ariba Contracts, Serengeti, Thomson Reuter’s Connect, SharePoint, etc.)
- Evaluates new technology solutions for the Law Department, including automated workflows, document management, matter management, contract life-cycle management, dashboards, eBilling, group communication platforms, etc.
- Leads and manages new technology and data initiatives, including project design, execution, change management, training and communications
- Partners with internal and external business partners to troubleshoot and resolve tech issues; provide project documentation and create self-help tools: dashboards, toolkits, legal training, FAQs, process flows, etc.
- Manages legal technology vendor relationships, including continued assessment of value delivered against value sold.
- Effectively communicates with and trains the Law Department on changes to process, tools, and technology.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in project management or operations; preference for legal-specific experience (in-house or law firm)
- 4+ years of experience in developing and implementing legal technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, contract and document management, workflow automation, knowledge management, etc.) #LI-BG1
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in project management or operations; legal-specific experience (in-house or law firm)
- 2+ years of experience in knowledge of the legal industry, business processes and technology landscape
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.