At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date:March 30, 2020
Shift Requirements:9:30 AM – 6:00 PM (Monday – Friday) No Weekends.
Starting Wage:$17.00 per hour
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
401K with company match and fixed contribution
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
Access to fitness center
Opportunities to volunteer in the community
Development groups and training
On-site Health Clinics
Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for handling complex customer service inquiries and problems for three or more call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels through effective communication and problems solving skills. These routine customer inquiries may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures. Navigates a computerized system for responding and/or troubleshooting to customer questions.
- Documents customer files.
- Uses discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments, credit limit increases, and complex solutions.
- Handles complex customer service inquiries and problems for three or more call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels.
- Navigates a computerized system for responding and/or troubleshooting to customer questions which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills to handle customer service inquiries.
If we had our say, we would also look for:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in Customer Service
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.