At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover’s Global Pricing Organization:
The Global Pricing Team is responsible for optimally pricing network products and services, driving revenue growth and merchant acceptance throughout the organization. To do this, the team collaborates with internal partners to manage a pipeline of pricing initiatives and requests, ensuring all requests are evaluated in a consistent manner which includes audit, risk and governance oversight. When designing pricing strategies, the team also contemplates internal and external competitive benchmarks, potential partner reactions and cross-functional implications. Lastly, the team is responsible for the successful execution and implementation of these pricing strategies, taking into consideration system development needs, and internal and external communication and training requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to solve business problems using pricing solutions, collaborating and coordinating with internal stakeholders to make recommendations.
- Assist in the development of robust pricing strategies and policies for various partnerships – most specifically the Diners Club and Global Acceptance partners.
- Perform quantitative analyses on internal data and external data (e.g. industry research, analyst reports) sources to develop these robust pricing strategies and policies.
- Deliver interchange and network fee solutions and strategies for various products and industries. Support and guide Discover staff through these proposed interchange and network solutions.
- Develop pricing strategies for new and evolving products and services, particularly focusing on tokenization, authentication, fraud management and data services.
- Continuously search for, gather and synthesize external data to enable benchmarking and to inform pricing strategies and policies. Develop a comprehensive database for reference.
- Effectively communicate pricing changes to internal colleagues. Partner with these colleagues to persuasively communicate these pricing changes to issuing and acquiring partners.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with Global Pricing, Operations, International Markets and the Global Acceptance teams.
- Assist in the delivery and implementation of the procedures and business rules required to support stated pricing policies, as well as the documentation and communication of policy both internally and externally.
- Establish, document and formalize processes and controls to drive greater operational efficiencies and excellence for critical initiatives and deliverables. Address risks and opportunities with existing procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing or Economics and 4+ years of related experience or Master's degree in Finance, Marketing or Economics and 2+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, including the ability to prioritize issues and identify the best solution out of many options.
- Track record of creativity in problem solving and flexibility in adapting to new requirements as their role evolves.
- Analytical acumen with the ability to effectively synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Aptitude for researching and evaluating industry practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills—capable and comfortable with developing and providing well-structured communications, presentations, and reporting to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functions.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other spreadsheet tools.
- Extremely strong organization and project management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity related to payments and/or Fintech.
- Ability to effectively move through a matrixed organization.
- 2+ years of experience in Pricing, Financial Services, Transaction Processing, or Analytics
- 4-6+ years of experience in payment services, transaction processing, project management, consulting, or similar work environment(s) with a dynamic scope of work.
- Microsoft Access, Teradata, SQL, VBA
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Execute with a sense of urgency
- Results-driven and solutions-oriented
- Ambitious and hardworking
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- People and thought leadership skills
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.