At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: February 24, 2020
Shift Requirements: Shift start times ranging from 5:30 AM to 6:30 AM available
Starting Wage: $16.00
Full Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for handling routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels through effective communication and problems solving skills. These routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts, and procedures. Navigates a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions.
- Documents customer files.
- Utilizes effective verbal communication and problem-solving skills to handle customer service inquiries. Multi-tasking may be required based on function type.
- Navigates a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions, which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Uses discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments or credit limit increases.
- Handles routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels.
- These routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
If we had our say, we would also look for: