At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing the delivery of strategic projects that improve customer experiences through tracking, managing, and optimizing customer communication touchpoints. Manages the development and daily support for systems. Defines project requirements, plans project stages, assess business implications for each stage, develops, tests, implements, and supports projects or systems. Manages project prioritization, design, and usability reviews. Monitors progress and assure deadlines and standards are met. Analyzes, tests, troubleshoots, and evaluates existing applications and systems. Serves as a liaison between the business and technology teams for the technical aspects of projects.
- Identifies potential system and process efficiencies. Provides system ticket support for issues.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project teams. Assists with defining project scopes, objectives, requirements, work plans, and project cost and time estimates. Reports on the effectiveness of telephony systems. Manages project prioritization, graphical user interface (GUI) design, and usability reviews. Performs user acceptance and implementation testing.
- Manages customer service application projects from beginning to end. Acts as a liaison between the business and technology teams. Assists with the development of project documentation. Ensures projects are completed on time, meet requirements, and meet customer expectations.
- Leads project meetings. Tracks and analyzes project progress. Provides end users with information and status updates. Documents agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans, and maintains an issues log.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Management/Leadership role
- 2+ years of experience in IVR and Telephony Systems
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Telephony, Voice Systems, or Call Centers
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Project Management
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.