At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Scrum Master role is responsible for implementation of prioritized business use cases via agile sprints within the high-visible Enterprise Technology program. He/she will oversee multiple high-priority projects, which often require high levels of functional integration and cross-functional resources. These projects are on the radar of upper management and the expectation is that this level would be able to communicate the status of the project at any point in time. The sprints will deliver functionality for multiple business areas including Network, Pulse and DCI.
- Coach the scrum team to become a self-organized, cross-functional and highly efficient team that delivers high-quality products.
- Facilitate Scrum events such as backlog creation/grooming, prioritization, stand up meetings, estimation, showcase and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with Product Manager to plan roadmap execution based on estimates and capacity; also identify risks to the plan.
- Clarify deliverables and assignments to the scrum team and remove impediments.
- Facilitate documenting, publishing and executing the teams’ continuous improvement plan
- Strong communication, leadership and relationship building
- Model, promote and encourage Agile values, best practices, processes and behaviors
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Publish and present teams’ agile metrics to management and stakeholders.
- Participate and/or Lead scrum adoption practices across the organization and related Community of Practices
- Publish and present teams’ agile metrics to management and stakeholders
- Manage partnerships with external vendors working through contracts
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in coaching and mentoring skills on Agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 3+ years software development project manager experience
- Experience with SDLC (both Waterfall and Agile hands on experience)
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development methodologies & tools (Jira/Rally)
- Scaled Agile Framework
- Problem solving, analytical and creative thinking.
- Teamwork and collaboration; interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including managing client expectations, communicating issues, risks, and opportunities, and articulating a clear vision of project success
- 2-3 years Scrum Master experience in a large organization
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.