At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Class Start Date: January 13. 2020
Schedule: 29 hours per week, between the hours of 2 PM and 10 PM. Some weekends are required.
Pay: $13.00 / hour
There is an opportunty to promote into a FULL TIME position. Typically within your first year. Once you do, the pay increases to $15.25 per hour.
Part Time Benefits
Our excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life, include the following:
- Paid Time off (up to 40 hours annually)
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
Responsible for handling basic and routine customer services inquiries and problems via multiple channels, generally recording consistent problem areas. Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. Responds to customer inquiries by referring them to published materials, secondary sources, or more senior staff. Navigates a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to handle customer service inquiries. Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting for our credit card customers.
- Take inbound calls to address customer questions, concerns and address any problems with their account.
- Over the phone, hear the customer, show empathy, resolve their problem or question all while multi-tasking through different systems on dual monitors.
- Handles basic and routine customer service inquiries and problems via multiple channels, generally recording consistent problem areas.
- Customer Service experience
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.