About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Our-Facilities. For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director, HR Business Partner (HRBP) for the Mid-Atlantic Region (PA, MD, VA). The Director, HRBP will report to the Vice President, Employee Engagement and support nine (9) business units / facilities in the region. This position can be based out of Lorton (VA) or Chester (PA).
Covanta's HR team supports a diverse base of employees, geographically spread across US, Canada, and Ireland. Working cohesively with its client partners, the HR team supports the strategic goals of the company.
As a tactical and strategic partner, you will align business objectives with employees and management within the designated region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Business Unit heads on the deployment of their HR strategic plan
- Create and implement employee engagement strategies
- Foster partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the region and organization.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team as required to support the region’s staffing needs and challenges
- Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work closely with management and employees to improve employee relations, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation
- Develop employment terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, HIPO identification/development, and succession planning
- Participate in assigned enterprise wide strategic HR initiatives; work on cross-functional teams
- Conduct due diligence for new business opportunities/acquisitions
- HR Certifications Required: SHRM-CP and/or SPHR/PHR, Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience - heavily focused employee engagement experience, talent management, Employee Value Proposition & Culture, HR Strategy development and implementation, compliance, and policy development.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, HRMS, talent analytics, compliance, federal and state respective employment
- Travel as needed
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)