Be an expert on a talented team of world-class developers. Deliver features and bug fixes for a market-leading software product for tens of millions of users. Work in an Agile environment building scalable SAAS solutions designed to perform on internet scale. Get a chance to help redefine the Travel industry!
In this role you will:
- Write software that delivers world-class experience for your users: Concur Travel is the leading corporate travel tool in the world. Our users deserve the best, and you can help lead the way!
- Design and/or re-factor code to scale to outrageous numbers of users: The biggest corporate travel tool is growing, and we our product needs to scale along with our customers.
- Learn and grow on a great team: As a SDE II, you will work together with a great team of experienced and engaged developers in designing new features and re-architecting existing ones. We hire smart people and then encourage them to make smart decisions rather than pushing designs from the top down.
- Maintain a work/life balance: We are not a sweatshop. Our developers work hard and have challenging problems to solve, but they go home at the end of the day and enjoy their evenings and weekends. We can’t promise we’ll never work late, but we can promise that it is not accepted as “normal.”
In order to accomplish this you will:
- Take design and architecture seriously. Get the chance to design things the right way, to scale and perform as a world class product.
- Take quality seriously. You have time for unit tests, integration, and automation.
- Learn new skills. We don’t change technologies just for the sake of changing technologies, but we will use the right tool for the job. If the right tool is a new tool, you can use it.
- Use interesting tools like AWS and no-SQL solutions to solve interesting challenges
- Get a chance to think about how to scale a feature to millions of users, and implement your design!
What do you need to bring?
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
- 2+ years in a technical related field.
- Effective communication skills, focusing on presentation of technical information.
- Extended knowledge of software design and development process.
- Strong programming knowledge of .NET
- Major competency in another language.
- Experience with web development and web services, REST, SOAP, SOA
- Demonstrated knowledge of software tools, documentation process, and development process.
- Basic knowledge of QA processes.
- Basic knowledge of requirements gathering.
- Good knowledge of JSON, XML data formats
- Good programming knowledge of one of the scripting languages
- Ability to pass background check
Concur, a part of SAP, offers cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. The company serves more than 30,000 clients representing more than 27 million users in over 150 countries. We're proud of what we've accomplished so far, but now it is time to take it to the next level, and to do that we need you.
What we offer:
Concur’s culture is dynamic, fun and friendly where intelligence and creativity can shine within an innovative technical environment. With a core value of “Hire, Develop and Reward Great People”, we offer competitive salaries, bonus plan, pension, health, disability coverage, subsidized meal vouchers, 30 days holiday, plus 4 extra days off to work at a charity or not-for-profit organization of your choice.