Job Description and Responsibilities:
Are you good in Math?
Do you have good eyesight and a steady hand?
Do you think you can gently handle small delicate parts?
How about learning new skills as an Optical Technician?
This Monday - Friday temp position may have long term career options for the right person!
Optical Polishing Technicians are responsible for the grinding and polishing of crystal and precision non-linear optical components to required tolerances using defined production procedures.
Essential Duties (New skills after training)
- Sets up and operate grinders and polishers for crystal component fabrication.
- Performs basic maintenance / upkeep of polishing and grinding equipment.
- Analyzes components to verify adherence to specifications (good quality parts)
- Determine if product performance is fully compliant to a drawing or specification (good quality)
- Keeps accurate and real-time records of test, measurements, and process improvements.
- Follows process documentation and safety procedures.
- Determine corrective actions for defects in optical polishing.
Education and Work Experience:
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Prior optical polishing experience preferred
- Some college in chemistry or engineering math is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn on the job
- Must have good eyesight for quality inspections at the millimeter level –
- Must have excellent dexterity (steady hand) for handling and manipulating small and delicate products
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- MRP/ERP experience preferred
- Experience and understanding of LEAN principles preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
Will train you in:
- Understanding mechanical specifications, blueprints, technical drawings, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT).
- How to read micrometers/calipers and convert between metric and standard units.
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment.
- Must be detail oriented in order to maintain high level of precision, accuracy and focus on quality
- Ability to work from written instructions.
- Ability to successfully manage a production workload.
- Ability to use a computer for production administration and data entry.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with little supervision.
Ability to work successfully in a team environment.#LI-JB1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.