CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
The General Manager is responsible for the development and execution of strategies and processes surrounding the continuous improvement of all aspects of the site P&L; including business development, safety, quality, service and cost.
- Direct, manage, and hold complete P&L responsibility for the recycled plant
- Drive Zero Harm across the Plant
- Provide leadership to entire staff to effectively recruit, train, develop, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities
- Continually review operations activities, including local transportation activities to maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local laws (OSHA, DOL, DOJ, EPA, FD)
- Develop a balanced approach to maximize best operational practices and cost efficiencies across the Plant while maintaining critical quality and raw material utilization standards that are necessary to maintain customer satisfaction and Plant profitability
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic initiatives focused around driving the elements of PVI, Yield, Controllable Cost per Pallet, and Effective Core Cost
- Ensure the consistent execution of all SOPs throughout the Plant and in accordance with the CHEP Recycled Pallet Solutions business.
- Own and drive cost control initiatives and process control within the Plant
- Responsible for managing a comprehensive sales funnel that delivers new business wins in existing and new verticals as well as lane expansions with existing customers while aligning with strategic initiatives of the Region and the overall business
- Develop and implement marketing strategies that enable growth and increased profitability through pricing strategies and identification of new segment opportunities.
- Responsible for account management of existing customers to ensure profitability is improved through active price management and executing strategies for lane expansion.
- Brambles Injury Frequency Rate
- Price, Volume, Inflation Metrics
- Controllable Cost per Pallet, Effective Core Cost
- Production yield
- Asset utilization
- Profitability to budget
- DOT Compliance and CSA Scores
- Inventory Reconciliation
- Brambles Employee Survey Results
- Net Promoter Score
- 1 location
- 2+ direct reports
- 30-100 indirect report
Authority/ Decision Making
- Working independently
- Working across and within the matrix
- Sr. Directors, General Managers, Directors, Sr. Regional Managers, HR, HSE, Department Heads
- Bachelors in Operations/Supply Chain or related field
- Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred
- 5+ years in manufacturing experience desired
- Prior experience in managing site level P&L
- Familiarity with private fleet management/transportation
- Strong customer focus orientation
- Expert people management capability including hourly workers
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience managing safety performance and programs
- Understanding of supply chain practices and metrics
Skills and Knowledge
- Superior ability to manage people and motivate a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.