CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Its pallets, crates and containers form the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, CHEP created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. CHEP primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. CHEP employs approximately 11,000 people and owns approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of more than 750 service centres, supporting more than 500,000 customer touch-points for global brands such as Procter & Gamble, Sysco, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. CHEP is part of the Brambles Group and operates in more than 55 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For more information on CHEP, visit www.chep.com. For information on the Brambles Group, visit www.brambles.com
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visit https://careers.brambles.com/
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager looking to join a global ASX listed organisation and take the next step in your career?
As part of our Retail team, your role will be to grow CHEP’s revenue base through targeted initiatives across Retail and FMCG customers, including new platform and new channel applications. Reporting to the Director - Retail, this position can be based at either our North Ryde or Dandenong office.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Actively seeking contacts at Retailers that are outside our current logistics network and initiate contacts in Store Operations, Marketing and Category Management by cold calling, networking, industry research and events
- Developing and managing the sales funnel for in-store solutions
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for the new offering with customers
- Developing an in-depth understanding of key customer requirements
- Proposing solutions including product trials and demonstrations
- Converting opportunities into closed sales
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce or a related discipline
- Considerable experience in business development with a “hunter” mindset
- A strong track record of experience in retail and FMCG markets with an existing network in Store Operations or Category Management
- Strong customer relationship building and networking skills
- The ability to close deals quickly and effectively with win:win outcomes
To apply, please include a covering letter with your resume outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience address the above criteria.
Please note, in order for your application to be considered, you will require full working rights in Australia. We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
We're excited you're here to learn how we'll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life's essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them. HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/