Who we are:
MTS Allstream Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. As one of Canada's leading national communication solutions companies, MTS Allstream provides innovative communications for the way Canadians want to live and work today. The Company has more than 100 years of experience, with 5,500 employees across Canada dedicated to a mission of delivering true value as seen through the eyes of our customers. MTS Allstream has nearly two million total customer connections spanning business customers across Canada and residential consumers throughout the province of Manitoba. The Company's extensive national broadband and fibre optic network spans almost 30,000 kilometres. Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.'s common shares are listed on Toronto Stock Exchange (trading symbol: MBT). To learn more about MTS Allstream visit www.mtsallstream.com.
What we can offer you:
We strive to provide all employees with: a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package a generous employee share ownership plan education and career development programs a strong commitment to equity and diversity in the workplace and in the community potential for growth, development and advancement recognition for valued contributions, commitment and loyalty.
What you will do:
Accountable to complete the testing, activating, and SQA of all connectivity services with the highest level of quality, the lowest possible cycle time, and in the most cost effective manner to ensure customer solutions are delivered on time and result in the highest possible customer satisfaction for internal and external customers while providing assistance to all CT’s within our team.
- Customer satisfaction as measured in the Allstream Moments of Truth program
- On time delivery - Required Service Installation
- On time delivery – Required Service Interval
- Productivity and quality as measured by internal audit procedure
- Leadership and value add contributions measured by feedback from peers and collaborating operational groups
As the ideal candidate you have:
Service Experience - overview
- The candidate must have a proven track record for working with complex service installations for all customer networks. Records of historical work order volumes, operational metric reviews, and feedback from Sales and Operational groups will be considered in the evaluation and measurement of previous performance.
- The candidate must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Allstream service delivery process and must be effective in communicating the nuances of this process to colleagues, Sales partners, and customers
- Good relationships with staff and management of SSC, Order Coordination, Design, Field Operations, and Sales groups are essential
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work directly with customers in an effort to present service delivery solutions, manage expectations, and to resolve technical and functional issues experienced in the service delivery process.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain current knowledge of all changes to business operations resulting from new product and business improvement initiatives, and to work with the team in the acceptance of these changes.
- Renewal of procedures, tools, and applications will be a continuous objective of the Service Delivery team in 2013 and beyond.
- We will count on the CT2 to participate in leading change through the Calgary CTAC West organization in an effort to improve the productivity of our efforts and the quality of our outputs.
The CTAC West CT2 will have a working background with all the Voice and Data Services Allstream provides to our customers and well versed in the CPE PBX and KTU’s and routers installed on site. The CTAC West CT2 will have a working knowledge of applicable data accesses and related services. This position will also include methodical trouble shooting using the Exfo test sets, React and general troubleshooting techniques. The successful applicant will work with Field Ops technicians as well as customers to resolve service issues upon installation.
Two year electronics technician diploma or equivalent education
Completion of a post secondary education program is an asset
- knowledge of all core service delivery operating systems, specifically:
- knowledge / ramp-up ability to master the following OSS applications:
- CTAC Forms
- Must be able to adapt quickly to new situations
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management, customers, and external operating groups
- Able to excel and produce results in high pressure situations
2 year electronics technician diploma or equivalent education
Knowledge in Data services;
Hours of work
The CTAC West CT2’s daily shift is defined as Monday to Friday with 8 hour coverage beginning 09:00 AM MST to 6:00 PM MST with 1 hour lunch break
The CTAC West CT2 daily shift may change based on the departmental requirements determined by the Manager.
Allstream is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Allstream will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self identify in the application process.