Who we are:
MTS Allstream Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. As one of Canada's leading national communication solutions companies, MTS Allstream provides innovative communications for the way Canadians want to live and work today. The Company has more than 100 years of experience, with 5,500 employees across Canada dedicated to a mission of delivering true value as seen through the eyes of our customers. MTS Allstream has nearly two million total customer connections spanning business customers across Canada and residential consumers throughout the province of Manitoba. The Company's extensive national broadband and fibre optic network spans almost 30,000 kilometres. Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.'s common shares are listed on Toronto Stock Exchange (trading symbol: MBT). To learn more about MTS Allstream visit www.mtsallstream.com.
What we can offer you:
We strive to provide all employees with: a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package a generous employee share ownership plan education and career development programs a strong commitment to equity and diversity in the workplace and in the community potential for growth, development and advancement recognition for valued contributions, commitment and loyalty.
What you will do:
We’re currently looking for Unified Communications Sales Specialists to join our growing team in Toronto, Ontario.
This is an exciting and challenging role and you will be responsible for achieving profitable revenue in order to meet the Unified Communications sales team targets. Working in a team environment, you will partner with other sales teams to develop and present solutions that meet customer objectives in order to drive revenue.
- Drive Unified Communications sales and revenue for the Allstream Enterprise Sales Channels (including telephony solutions from Cisco, Mitel, Avaya, Nortel, and Panasonic)
- Drive Sales of VC product lines including Cisco and Polycom solutions
- Proactively generate and close Unified Communications sales opportunities
- Coordinate the development and delivery of presentations and proposals outlining recommended Unified Communications
- Contribute to the Allstream account strategy from a Unified Communications standpoint and management of customer expectations
- Assume tactical ownership of Unified Communications opportunities and program manage these opportunities to closure
- Engage the appropriate internal and external resources and processes to address specific opportunities to ensure solutions are leading edge, corporately feasible, and customer-specific
- Develop and deliver Unified Communications seminars and/or sales presentations to the account base and Allstream Sales Teams
As the ideal candidate you have:
- You have a University degree or equivalent business experience
- You have 3-5 years of Sales or Sales Support experience in the Telecom/IT industry at the Enterprise level, and have a proven track record of selling Unified Communications that are leading edge and exceed customer expectations
- You have strong Telephony experience (including solutions from Cisco, AVAYA, Nortel, Mitel, and Panasonic)
- You have an understanding of Microsoft OCS/LYNC environment including integration to other UC and VC environments, strong LAN and WAN skills, and an understanding of IP protocols and standards
- You have a strong understanding of Voice/Video over IP (VOIP, H.323, SIP), and knowledge of applications and solutions that drive IP connectivity (MPLS Networks, Internet Connectivity, IP Telephony, and Converged Applications)
- You have demonstrated strong solution and strategic selling skills combined with exceptional business acumen
- You have the ability to relate technology to customer business objectives
- You have experience in assisting in the preparation of RFPs and delivering technical presentations
Allstream is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Allstream will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self identify in the application process.