Who we are:
MTS Allstream Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. As one of Canada's leading national communication solutions companies, MTS Allstream provides innovative communications for the way Canadians want to live and work today. The Company has more than 100 years of experience, with 5,500 employees across Canada dedicated to a mission of delivering true value as seen through the eyes of our customers. MTS Allstream has nearly two million total customer connections spanning business customers across Canada and residential consumers throughout the province of Manitoba. The Company's extensive national broadband and fibre optic network spans almost 30,000 kilometres. Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.'s common shares are listed on Toronto Stock Exchange (trading symbol: MBT). To learn more about MTS Allstream visit www.mtsallstream.com.
What we can offer you:
We strive to provide all employees with: a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package a generous employee share ownership plan education and career development programs a strong commitment to equity and diversity in the workplace and in the community potential for growth, development and advancement recognition for valued contributions, commitment and loyalty.
What you will do:
The Sr. Voice Consultant Level II will be responsible for planning, design, staging, troubleshooting and deployment of Unified Communications projects targeting our mid-range market clients. The position may also require the implementation of Cisco routing / switching / wireless infrastructure. In addition, the role requires the ability to provide clients with highest quality training and documentation deliverables on the implemented solution. This position is for experienced Cisco consulting professionals with at least 5 years of previous professional services consulting experience. The successful candidate will be expected to handle complex Cisco delivery projects from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Responsible for the configuration, staging, and deployment of client UC solutions from both a hardware and software perspective, including (but not limited to): CUCM, CME/CUE, Unity Connection, Presence, UCCX, etc.
- Implementation of UC solutions based on Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) platform (Successful candidate will be trained on this architecture.)
- Responsible for configuration of network infrastructure including (but not limited to) routers / switches / wireless equipment etc.
- Must be comfortable training highly technical administrative client IT staff on basic administrative functionality (MACD’s) on the Cisco UC product line. Although not a primary responsibility the position may require occasional training of end users on the use of Cisco IP Phones, Voicemail, Contact Center Express Apps including Cisco Agent Desktop / Cisco Supervisor Desktop, Jabber client and other UC product functionality as needed.
- Develop project related documentation for Cisco projects while adhering to Cisco team documentation standards and implementation processes. Documentation must be developed with emphasis on both aesthetics and accuracy of technical content.
- Will be the technical contact for all implementation issues concerning assigned projects.
- May be asked to assist with preparation of RFP response material in support of sales team.
- Assist our Cisco sales team across Canada in developing strong customer relationships at the technical level and better position the sales team to win new business.
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Current CCIE Voice (Mandatory) (Applicants must provide CCIE number for verification.)
- Current CCNP in another discipline (Desirable)
- Previous experience with Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) (Desirable)
- Proven consulting experience in design / implementation of Cisco Communications Manager 8.x / 9.x and other Cisco UC products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Cisco PPDIOO methodology.
- Wireless design and implementation expertise with Cisco wireless products and associated certifications is highly desirable.
- Security design and implementation expertise with Cisco security products and associated certifications is highly desirable.
- Data Center design and implementation expertise with Cisco data center products and associated certifications is highly desirable.
- Applicant will ideally have experience with UCS and virtualization technologies including VMware products. (ie: ESXi, vSphere, etc)
- Experience integrating non Cisco VoIP products from other vendors (ie: Nortel / Avaya / Mitel) with Cisco infrastructure and Cisco UC products is highly desirable.
- Past experience working in or supporting a help desk or “managed services” type environment is highly desirable.
- Strong scripting skills for UCCX call flows.
- Fluent knowledge of B-ACD implementation.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and MS Visio.
- Comfortable in presenting training administrative training routinely and may be asked to provide end user training occasionally.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team when required.
- Ability to travel anywhere within Canada on relatively short (one week) notice typically by pre-arranged flights.
- Ability to travel anywhere within Canada on potentially much shorter notice in the event of a serious client emergency.
- Must have use of a vehicle and hold a valid drivers license.
- Sufficient physical dexterity to rack servers / switches / routers, etc
- Comfortable working with and able to properly communicate project status updates to an assigned Project Manager.
- Professional manner in both verbal and written correspondence. This client facing position requires exceptionally strong technical, communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable attending pre-sales meetings with sales staff if requested to act as a subject matter expert (SME) and potentially in a presenter role.
- Highly organized and able to manage time including weekends and evenings as needed to facilitate project deployments while minimizing impact on client’s business operations.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple concurrent projects, meeting tight deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery and understanding of business practices with emphasis on quality of work throughout the project.
- “Whatever is takes” attitude to successfully completing assigned projects.
- The successful applicant will be working with one of the top Cisco implementation teams in Canada and will have opportunities for extensive professional growth and development.
Education & Certification*
- Current Cisco CCIE Voice. (Mandatory)
- Current Cisco CCNP certification in another specialization. (Desirable)
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline. (Nice to have)
Note: Allstream will verify with Cisco all certifications listed for finalists. To this end applicants will be asked to provide their CSCO Testing ID’s number and CCIE Numbers as applicable.
- “Hands-on” implementation and troubleshooting with major Cisco UC products as listed under “Key Responsibilities” section
- LAN/WAN/Wireless infrastructure deployment using Cisco’s infrastructure solutions.
- Prior experience in a Cisco Professional Services reseller environment in a client facing consulting role. (5 years minimum in a professional services client facing consulting role.)
- Fluent English verbal & written skills (Mandatory)
- French verbal & written skills (Desirable)
Allstream is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Allstream will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self identify in the application process.