MTS Allstream Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. As one of Canada's leading national communication solutions companies, MTS Allstream provides innovative communications for the way Canadians want to live and work today. The Company has more than 100 years of experience, with 5,500 employees across Canada dedicated to a mission of delivering true value as seen through the eyes of our customers. MTS Allstream has nearly two million total customer connections spanning business customers across Canada and residential consumers throughout the province of Manitoba. The Company's extensive national broadband and fibre optic network spans almost 30,000 kilometres. Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.'s common shares are listed on Toronto Stock Exchange (trading symbol: MBT). To learn more about MTS Allstream visit www.mtsallstream.com.
We strive to provide all employees with: a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package a generous employee share ownership plan education and career development programs a strong commitment to equity and diversity in the workplace and in the community potential for growth, development and advancement recognition for valued contributions, commitment and loyalty.
We’re currently looking for a Technical Sales Support Representative to join our team in Calgary, AB.
The Role: Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, you will provide support to technical sales engineers with a focus on generating pricing information as well as the customer service team.
- Assist in gathering information from the customer required for building solution design, quotation and/or essential order criteria.
- Under the guidance of the Sales Engineer, manage technical and process requirements for large, complex solutions and/or RFPs.
- Partner with Sales Engineers on ongoing customer orders for assigned account base.
- Act as technical point of contact for external departments such as Order Management and Provisioning.
- Develops and maintains Customer Network Database for select customers.
- Assist in generation of 800 routing tree’s. This will involve modification of simple trees as well as creating more complex trees in Visio or PowerPoint.
- Provides administrative support to the Regional Vice-President such as creating reports, generating employee time reporting, updating vacation schedules, drafting meeting agendas and recording minutes, preparing correspondences and making travel arrangements.
The ideal candidate has:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Proven ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment in a sales support capacity
- Knowledge of databases, and workflow processes would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of: Data Networking, Voice Technologies (Local, Toll-Free, LD, IPT design), Routers and Firewalls
Telecommunication industry experience preferred
Allstream is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Allstream will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self identify in the application process.