MTS Allstream Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. As one of Canada's leading national communication solutions companies, MTS Allstream provides innovative communications for the way Canadians want to live and work today. The Company has more than 100 years of experience, with 5,500 employees across Canada dedicated to a mission of delivering true value as seen through the eyes of our customers. MTS Allstream has nearly two million total customer connections spanning business customers across Canada and residential consumers throughout the province of Manitoba. The Company's extensive national broadband and fibre optic network spans almost 30,000 kilometres. Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.'s common shares are listed on Toronto Stock Exchange (trading symbol: MBT). To learn more about MTS Allstream visit www.mtsallstream.com
We strive to provide all employees with: a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package a generous employee share ownership plan education and career development programs a strong commitment to equity and diversity in the workplace and in the community potential for growth, development and advancement recognition for valued contributions, commitment and loyalty.
Accountable for the integrity and timeliness of accounting for direct costs of service, including policies, procedures and internal controls, and reporting of related results to internal management.
- Accurate and timely accounting and reporting of financial results for direct costs in accordance with GAAP
- Manage month end close process for direct costs, including, journal entries, validation and analysis
- Accounting support, management reporting and analysis for Access Management, Regulatory and Carrier Relations departments
- Manage the accurate and timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Identification of direct cost accounting issues, and design of accounting processes to properly account for these in accordance with GAAP
- Accountable for ensuring proper accounting and reporting of the impact of CRTC decisions in the financial statements
- Accountable for completion of CRTC requirements
- Reporting of Allstream results to senior management
- Manage audit requirements for quarterly reviews and year end external audits, in addition to CNAC and Contribution levy audits
- Effective management and coaching of a team of 3 financial analysts
- Knowledge of telco tariffs, CRTC regulations and telecommunications products an asset
- Superior PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles
- SAP knowledge an asset
- Powerplay knowledge an asset
- 3-5 years telecommunications experience preferred
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- CA, CMA or CGA designation is required
Allstream is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Allstream will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self identify in the application process.