The Pharmacist provides pharmaceutical care to all patients of Carle Foundation Hospital and affiliated health care providers.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Pharmacist License Illinois upon hire.
- Assist in focused studies and drug usage evaluations as assigned.
- Provide direct patient care by intervening as appropriate to improve prescribing, administration, and monitoring practices in the facility as related to medications.
- Represent the pharmacy on committees or work groups as assigned.
- Interpret physician medication orders and send the appropriate medication in a timely and accurate manner.
- Screen medication orders for potential interactions with other medications, diet orders, disease state, or stated allergies.
- Supervise the technicians in the preparation and dispensing of medications and parenterals.
- Make dose recommendations based on age, weight and clearance function.
- Assist in the training and orientation of all new employees as assigned.
- Provide accurate and complete accounting of all controlled substances.
- Provide Medication Therapy Management Services as defined in the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. | For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or religious exemption will be permitted.