Becoming a UX Researcher with Capita Education Software Solutions:
A powerhouse in the world of EdTech, based near the world-famous Cardington Studios just outside Bedford, is looking for a talented UX Researcher to take the lead in all areas of UX research across their diverse software portfolio.
This is a rare opportunity to become one of the early members of the UX team where you will be able to shape our processes and ways of working that will ultimately have a direct positive impact on the educational outcomes of hundreds of thousands of learners across the UK and internationally.
You will be responsible for conducting the research, presenting your research findings and recommendations across the business, teaching and empowering the Product Owners to conduct their own research activities, and advocating the importance and benefits of UX research to wider business stakeholders.
- Coordinate research activities and implement the most effective methods to test hypotheses and identify areas for improvement
- Conduct usability research and provide recommendations for improvements
- Build relationships with customers and users to foster a research community who want to participate in your research activities
- Create and implement research roadmaps to support the business strategy
- Successfully persuade decision makers to take action based on your research findings
- Work with the UX and Scrum teams to implement your research recommendations and deliver improved user experience solutions
- Using your experience, identify key areas to focus on for each software product
Key Skills & Experience
- Broad experience with a wide range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioural, with deep expertise in one or more areas
- Able to objectively analyse good or bad research results and clearly communicate your research findings
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of your users and their needs and incorporate this knowledge into your research.
- Strong presentation, organisational and time management skills and the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix environment
- Work in an agile environment to a product development process that includes Lean including hypothesis development, prototype testing and usability testing
About Capita Education Software Solutions
Education exists to… Inform, Engage, Empower. Everyday. Our job is to help make this happen.
As the largest provider of education software in the UK, we influence the lives of over one million people every day. Our aim is to empower educators, parents and learners to deliver the best educational outcomes and attainment possible. We do this with a range of web and mobile (iOS and Android) products,
Capita Education Software Solutions creates software that helps education institutions meet their commitment to make sure that every student has the best possible opportunity to succeed. We work with 22,000 schools, 220 further education colleges and universities in 46 countries, providing instant access to information on emerging trends and highlighting areas of excellence and underperformance. Joining us, you’ll improve decision making, simplify communication with staff, parents and students and raise standards in teaching and learning.
Capita SIMS is the world class information management system used in schools in the UK and internationally. Joining our development team is your chance to work at the forefront of education software – in a dynamic business that’s empowering teachers through technology.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact Dorian.Phillips@Capita.co.uk for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |