CAREER TRAVEL & LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
12 Month Position – Brink’s “Project OCEAN”
We currently have two opportunities for a twelve month temporary assignment at Brink’s Canada and YOU may be the perfect fit!
Are you willing to travel around Canada for twelve months?
Are you able to pick up systems and program quickly?
Are you intuitive?
Do you have a clean background check?
Are you able to apply new learning right away?
Are your verbal, written and presentation skills above average?
Do you like to clarify & demonstrate new things to diverse people?
Do you have a valid driver’s license & a personal credit card?
If you answered YES to the questions above…..keep on reading!
The “Ocean Project” position’s home base is out of the Brink’s Canadian Head Office, in Mississauga, ON, but is a mobile role. You will have the opportunity to see Canada, as you will be travelling from city to city, spending approximately three weeks in each of our branches. You will you will trained on a new internal operating system that needs to be planned & implemented in our branches across Canada, then You will head out to train other Brink’s employees! Some of the Canadian branches include Charlottetown, Vancouver, Grande Prairie, Winnipeg, Kingston, Yellowknife, Halifax, Ottawa, Montreal, London, Edmonton & Peterborough. Your airfare, hotels, car rental and meals will all be paid.
• Educating staff on troubleshooting techniques
• Participate in the training and development of both new and existing employees across Canada in the use of the new OCEAN software
• Provide direction, support and constructive feedback
• Support staff on the rollout of OCEAN
As an important member of the Project OCEAN Team, the successful candidates will possess the following:
• Demonstrates a zeal for new information, knowledge and experiences; quickly assimilating and applying new information
• Adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in their intentions
• Provides feedback, instruction and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plans and supports the development of individual skills and abilities
• Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicates in a focused and compelling way that captures and retains attention
• Plans and supports the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively
• Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
• Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience
• Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one's own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions
• Using interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward higher levels of performance
• Driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology and internal initiatives
• Initiating actions to reduce barriers and leverage the advantages of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, ideas and professional and educational backgrounds
• Driving high standards for individual, team and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement
• Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Demonstrating a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations; providing an uplifting outlook on what the future holds and the opportunities it might present
• Vividly communicating a compelling view of the future state in a way that helps others understand and feel how business outcomes will be different when the vision and values become a reality
• Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others