Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Global Senior Systems Support Engineer.
The Global Senior Systems Support Engineer is responsible for being the primary contact and lead for Global and Regional support. This position will work closely with Architects, Engineers and Operations to implement new products, assist in coordinating production changes, and perform day-to-day operational functions in Global Infrastructure. The incumbent will conduct fault analysis, isolation activities and resolution duties for infrastructure events associated with Active Directory, Exchange, Back-ups and VMware, as well as working through tickets, and engaging and communicating with clients. This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the infrastructure is stable, operational, efficient and operating within the parameters of the set specifications in delivering services to a global community.
• Monitor infrastructure, respond to alarms and notifications, take corrective actions and communicate statuses
• Act as the level 3 contact for regional services and the level 2-3 contact for Global-owned services
• Review trend analysis reports with Analyst, identify trends and deficiencies, and take corrective actions
• Document and update changes in products, solutions, services and Infrastructure
• Perform software and patch updates, establish software package builds, deploy wide standard changes and install security updates through daily use of various tools
• Partner with Service Management, Engineer and Architect teams to resolve Infrastructure issues
• Participate in Priority 1 outage conference calls and conduct break-fix actions
• Develop workaround solutions for issues related to Global Infrastructure incidents
• Conduct regular preventive maintenance of Infrastructure environment and components
• Escalate tickets when necessary to Architecture
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
• Minimum of 5 years experience in engineering and 3rd line support of Microsoft Infrastructure technologies including MS Active Directory and Exchange in a business-critical environment
• Minimum of 5 years experience with enterprise technologies to address high availability, disaster recovery and business continuity e.g. MS Clustering, backup and data replication technologies
• Minimum of 2 years experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows networking environment e.g. DNS, DHCP, etc.
• 5 years experience with LDAP and security best practices with Windows 2003 minimum
• 3 years experience with Windows command line utilities and tools
• 3 years experience with job scheduling tools
• 3 years experience supporting n-tier applications, data transfer processes, monitoring tools and reporting in Microsoft Suite and/or client/server environments, Microsoft MTS, MCITP
• Experience with monitoring tools such as System Center or SolarWinds
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Solid problem solving abilities and technical skills
• Problem-solving skills demonstrating a directed, methodical, cost-effective, data-driven approach
• Multi-tasking skills
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.