Receive and serve food and beverage orders from guests. May also be responsible for collecting payment and making change for guest checks.
- Complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and daily specials.
- Understands and meets sequence of service requirements for the Back Waiter/Food Specialist position as well as all requirements for the rest of the serving Team.
- Responsible for delivery of all ordered food items throughout the meal.
- Communicates with Front Waiter to determine special needs/requirements of guest prior to seating.
- Sets up delivery of each course by ensuring that all ware, condiments, and other needs are at the table prior to delivery.
- Demonstrate outstanding serving skills and is able to memorize scripted descriptions of all menu items as they are presented including all ingredients in every food item and cooking methods.
- Ensure all guest needs are met prior to departing.
- Coordinates timing/timeliness of all food with Kitchen Team and Front Waiter.
- Understands ordering system and is able to deliver every food item to the appropriate guest without asking which food item is theirs.
- Communicates accurately with Front Waiter to ensure all food items are delivered as the guest requested.
- Serves all courses including dessert.
- Thanks guests as they depart per scripted requirements.
- Assist the team in clearing and resetting of tables.
- Communicates guests dining preferences to the host team to record for guest history.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) year of food and Beverage experience preferably in a fine dining restaurant
- Working knowledge of food specialty or cuisine and service standards in specific restaurants.
- Must be able to stand and walk for majority of shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry trays weighing approximately 40 pounds.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to utilize computer system for placing food and beverage orders and processing payments
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.