The Boyd Gaming Internship Program is a paid, temporary position with an emphasis in on-the-job training. Each intern will have intentional learning objectives that will guide them in gaining practical work experience that closely reflects their academic program. The internship session is 10 weeks long and will begin at the end of May and end in the last week of July.
The internship in the Orleans Arena is intended for undergraduate students majoring in Entertainment Management, Sports & Entertainment, Sports Marketing or Hospitality.
- Knowledgeable about the live entertainment business
- Familiar with venue operations and event setups
- Critical thinking skills, detail oriented, strong interpersonal skills
- People person
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shadowing each arena department for one week: Production, Booking, F&B, Marketing, Box Office, Premium Services, etc.
- Complete goals and projects based on department working with (ie. Develop pro formas, assist with event settlements, marketing plans, draft BEOs, contracts, etc
- Available to work various shifts including weekends and nights (schedule is event driven)
Projects that will be completed:
- Create a marketing plan for an upcoming event to help promote and sell tickets
- Draft Pro Forma's contracts, etc related to events
- Plan and execute Arena All Staff Meeting from all espects
- Event primary responsibilities - coordinating/advancing an event from start to finish
- Oversee the usher department for an event - lead pre shift meeting, call doors, resolve issues, etc
- Other projects as assigned and needed as the internship evolves
Intern candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Undergraduate students must be entering their senior year;
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and obtaining an undergraduate degree in Entertainment Management, Sports & Entertainment, Sports Marketing or Hospitality.
- Have at least a 2.8 GPA (be able to submit current transcript for verification purposes);
- Students must receive school credit for completing an internship with the Company;
- Prior knowledge about live entertainment is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required;
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English in oral and written form;
- Have proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Must be able to obtain and pay for any required licensing.
Deadline for applications for this internship is Monday, March 9, 2020. The following documents can be uploaded/attached to your application profile:
· Current transcript
· Cover letter
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.