Coordinate and administer all food preparation, presentation, and service procedures as directed by the Executive Chef. Monitor quantity of prepared food. Ensure proper rotation and utilization of stored food to prevent waste. Oversee food preparation to ensure proper consistency, flavor, presentation, and portion control. Monitor employee performance, provide instruction as needed, and monitor staffing levels.
- Personally and alongside kitchen staff, facilitate all food preparation, presentation, and service procedures as directed by Executive Chef.
- Monitor quantity of prepared food and ensure that quality and quantity standards are consistently satisfied.
- Ensure proper rotation and utilization of stored food to prevent waste.
- Oversees food preparation to ensure proper consistency, flavor, presentation, and portion control.
- Monitors staffing levels, early out requests, and overtime.
- Monitors and ensures kitchen and storage areas are clean, sanitary, and meet health and safety standards.
- Delegate work assignments to cooks and other kitchen staff.
- Monitor employee performance, instructs employees in the proper performance of job duties, and administer disciplinary action.
- Requisition stock according to business needs/pars.
- Ensure that the kitchen, storage areas, and other related areas are kept clean and free of safety hazards.
- One (1) year of experience in the same or similar position preferred.
- Must be able to stand and walk for majority of shift.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 40 pounds.
- Other physical demands include but are not limited to grasping, reaching, bending, lifting, and kneeling.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.