We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you have unique expertise in Machine Learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, MXNet, and PyTorch. Are you excited about the development of high-performing implementations for on-server CPU training and inference? Are you looking to develop your own career by leading an engineering team tasked with developing the key numerical components to deliver this performance?
If so, Arm would love to have you on our growing team in Manchester, UK!
At Arm, we are extending our offerings, such as the Arm Performance Libraries and the Arm Compute Library, to enable the delivery of high-quality, on-CPU ML algorithms on current and future server-class implementations of Arm’s architecture; the most widely used architecture in the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for the engineering team’s strategy and delivery and providing key improvements to our customers. Our team will collaborate with others in Arm delivering both optimized numerics for ML applied to both inference and training.
- Product owner for Arm’s machine learning on-server CPU offerings, helping define the long-term strategy and short-term engineering tasks
- Leading the team delivering this strategy on a day-to-day basis
- Producing and delivering high-quality, reliable libraries to Arm’s customers, partners and the community
- Working with other divisions in Arm to expand support of the Arm architecture
Key Skills & Experience
- Understanding key ML frameworks and workloads
- Experience of using or developing using ML frameworks
- Understanding of the software stacks, dependencies, and role of numerical libraries in the context of common ML frameworks.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application
- Technical team leadership
- Great interpersonal skills including a willingness to work with end-users
- Experience in the optimization of numerical software
- Exposure to large-scale software build, integration and test environments
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Computing, or an alternative with experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
Passion for Progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps