We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you creative, innovative, and enthusiastic about new technologies? Do you have a knack for problem solving? We are looking for graduate engineer passionate about a career in physical design.
At Arm you will shape the future of technology and collaborate in the development of next-generation Machine Learning accelerators to power millions of devices worldwide.
Hardware Physical Design Graduate Role at Arm Machine Learning
We have an exciting opportunity in The Machine Learning hardware group in Cambridge.
As a graduate engineer you will directly influence the development of hardware IP that is used extensively in a wide variety of devices.
You will work on real projects from day one, with help and guidance from experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every graduate engineer learns about different aspects of our work, and becomes an expert in the field.
You will work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and will have the opportunity to work on different projects and with different groups through the graduate rotation programme.
What will your role be?
- You will work on physical implementation of Arm machine learning accelerators using the entire implementation flow from RTL to sign-off
- You will perform synthesis, floorplaning, place and route to develop best in class Arm IP
- You will use scripting to support detailed implementation analysis and data-mining methodologies
- You will work with physical design and RTL design teams to drive analysis and optimization of our IP
- You will use cutting edge EDA tools and interact with EDA vendors to enable our partners achieve the best possible quality of results
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree at 2.1 (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a Physical Design Graduate include:
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in IC design
- Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Tcl, Python or Perl
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Other desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as Verilog/SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Use of a Linux and shell programming
- Basic knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process
Knowledge of principals of Machine Learning
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps