We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How would you like to take our digital imaging products to the next level of Image Quality?
We are looking for a highly motivated graduate to join our Image Quality team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with state-of-the-art Image Signal Processors, for computer vision and human vision applications, from self-driving cars to hobbyist drones.
A technical mind and a passion for image processing, photographic theory and scientific testing are the most important attributes we are looking for in candidates for this role, therefore please tell us as much as you can about your interests/projects in this area when submitting an application.
Why should you apply?
- You want to work in market-leading digital imaging technology
- You want to work alongside an experienced team to test and maximise the image quality produced by our ISP hardware and the latest CMOS sensors
- You want to turn a scientific interest in photography into a career as an imaging specialist
What you can expect to work on:
- Tuning, testing, benchmarking, and verification of camera systems
- Developing new testing methods and strategies for tuning new algorithms
- Customer support and training
Required skills and experience:
- Familiar with photography concepts, image quality measurement methods and image processing algorithms
- Understanding of CMOS image sensors and their characteristics
- Basic understanding of 3A algorithms (Auto White Balance, Auto Focus, Auto Exposure)
- Competent programming in C or a related language
- Experienced using MATLAB or Python for image processing tasks.
- Good report writing skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good mathematical background in linear algebra and statistical theory
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject, or equivalent professional experience
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps