Your main placement will be with the teams responsible for producing Arm Mobile Studio. The expectations around this will be:
- Collaborative development: participating in feature design and development for the products.
- The ability to follow software development methodologies and processes, including code review.
- Additions to, and maintenance of the continuous integration systems we use.
You will also have the opportunity to rotate into other teams during your internship. These rotations could be anything from compiler development to DevOps roles, depending on your experience and the needs of the teams.
Skills and Experience
What Skills, Experience and Qualifications will you need?
- A good understanding and practical experience of Java, C and/or C++ programming.
- Strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail.
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with scripting in Python and using the Linux command line.
- Motivated, an independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
- Demonstration of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work alone as well as in a team
The following skills are desireable, though applicants will also have the opportunity to develop these.
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN.
- Experience with bug tracking systems like Jira.
- Eclipse Framework / RCP application development.
- QT application development.
- Android application or games development.
- Graphics APIs (EG: GLES, Vulkan).
- User Interface Design.
- Basic Linux administration, particularly installation and maintenance.
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as GoCD, Jenkins or Robot, and maintenance of test infrastructure using DevOps frameworks such as Chef or Ansible.
- Optimising code for performance.
You should be studying towards a degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or an alternative with relevant experience.
About the Development Solutions Group (DSG)
DSG is to help our customers craft creative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
Information is essential, share it
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
Make trust our default position
Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.