We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm® is seeking a highly motivated and creative undergraduate to join our ML Performance Analysis team as an Intern to gain experience of working in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, key technologies for the future of computing.
Working on the cutting edge of Arm IP, you will be ensuring the performance of software and systems to power the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
What’s in it for you?
As an intern at Arm, you will work on real projects that have real impact, while also building on key skills for your future studies and employment. We believe in developing talent for the future, and therefore aim to offer many of our interns a graduate position once they have finished their studies.
Working on interesting new projects is exciting but we also know how important it is to receive support. That’s why you will have regular 1 to 1 meetings with your line manager who will be able to offer ongoing support, feedback and development opportunities. You will be given a certain amount of flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your project tasks.
As well as being offered a competitive salary, there are also opportunities to get involved in some of the many social events that are organised within Arm.
How will I contribute?
- You will run and analyse ML workloads on the latest consumer mobile devices.
- You will analyse performance on current in-flight Arm IP, and feed-back into the software and hardware development teams.
- You will produce technical summaries for a range of audiences, based on detailed analysis and interpretation of data.
- You will learn about this new frontier and share this knowledge with others across the company.
Skills and Experience
Education & Qualifications
- Working towards a qualification in Computer Science or a related field.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for solving technical problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
- Good software engineering skills, in languages such as C, C++ or Python.
- Hands-on experience of machine learning and neural networks would be very useful, but not critical.
- Capable of working as a team player or independently.
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
- Desire to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities and challenges.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps