We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a strong technical leader who will build and lead a software development team focused on optimizing the Unity game engine specifically for Arm technologies.
To successfully deliver gaming performance requires more than the development of individual CPU and GPU processors. We believe that it also necessary for Arm to have strong partnerships with world-class engine providers to ensure that game developers are able to extract the maximum performance from Arm based platforms.
You and your dedicated engineering team will perform a strategically important function within a growing ecosystem engineering group. Your team will be tasked with ensuring that the Unity3D engine and Arm's Mali GPU, CPU and NPU products work effectively together to benefit game developers.
As a part of Arm we get to enjoy being part of a stimulating collaborative environment. Our ecosystem teams work closely with our CPU and GPU design teams, as well as the mobile OS vendors and application developers. You will work alongside these teams whilst also building a strong, interactive relationship with Unity and lead developers.
You will primarily be responsible for developing a team to optimize and improve Unity3D on Arm technologies.
As well leading the team you will also collaborate with other dedicated engineers across Arm to evolve and improve the graphics backend of Unity in line with the latest graphics APIs and Arm hardware. You will help with technical evaluation, estimation and completion of software optimization tasks identified in collaboration with our hardware and architecture team.
What will I be accountable for?
Leading a team of specialist software engineers to deliver long term incremental improvements to Unity3D
Negotiating and planning with Unity and other teams within Arm to prioritise development tasks
Identifying performance bottlenecks within Unity and then providing solutions and proposals
Evaluation of new Unity features on existing and future Arm hardware
Technical evaluation of proposed software optimization tasks
Task estimation, tracking and completion
Progress reporting and liaising with other remote teams
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Experience using game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal
- Experience developing GPU-intensive applications using OpenGL ES or Vulkan
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ development and debugging
- Knowledge of Arm Mali or other mobile GPU architecture
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, although other disciplines will also be considered with meaningful experience
- Excellent communications skills, ambitious and well-organised
It would be beneficial if you also had:
- Knowledge of the mobile software and developer landscape
- Experience of working within an Agile scrum environment
- Experience with Android or Linux operating system internals
- Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures
- Working knowledge of developing applications for mobile System on Chip platforms
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps