We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Based in Cambridge UK, the Information Technology group at Arm provides a variety of services to support existing and future commercial activities through working closely with the global enterprise to develop business change initiatives.
Are you a talented and enthusiastic person with an interest in IT? We are offering 3 apprentice positions within the IT Business Analysis team. We will give you everything needed to learn the discipline of business analysis in an exciting and fast-moving environment and once you've qualified, we will offer you a position in one of our delivery teams.
You will join a large and engaging functional team and will work day to day with your mentor on assignment within an Agile product team, alongside typical IT roles like Product Owners, Scrum Masters, developers, testers, User Experience and many other roles from around our business.
About the role
What is a business analyst? Business analysis is a research discipline of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a software-systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organisational change or strategic planning and policy development. The person who carries out this task is called a business analyst or BA.
This is a full time role as an apprentice for 18 months, followed by assignment to a permanent team as a BA. We offer this role in conjunction with our training partner to fast track your industry learning for a rewarding career in business analysis.
You will work alongside experienced business analysts embedded in to a delivery team 4 days per week and have 1 day a week for study fully supported by both your arm team and a mentor from our training partner. Over the first 18 months you will take an industry standard qualification to complement your on-the-job learning with us.
Typical responsibilities would involve
- Helping run workshops and interviews with business colleagues to elicit their requirements
- Helping to translate those requirements in to user-stories for the development team to build
- Assisting with documenting business processes and policies
- Assisting with demonstrations and user acceptance testing of new functionality
- Assisting with writing user documentation, and training users
- Keeping up to date with new technologies and the latest developments in IT
- Taking training opportunities within Arm to learn about our organisation and industry
- Being committed to achieving your Business Analysis qualification and using your self-study time effectively.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps