We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In the fast-moving world of CPU Verification, Formal Methods are becoming crucial to the success of today's ever-accelerating development cycle.
ARM’s CPU Group is looking for engineers with experience in Formal Verification who desire to be at the cutting edge of applied formal methods. We are offering the chance to become part of a dedicated team that will deploy Formal on the next generation of CPU designs. This is an opportunity to influence design & verification decisions and shape the future of technology that will fuel billions of devices world-wide.
You will apply Formal Methods to CPUs developed in the Cambridge design centre, with the opportunity to collaborate with our global Formal Teams across ARM. The role entails investigating, creating, developing and deploying new Formal Verification techniques on live projects. You will use the industry’s best available tools and be in close contact with EDA tool vendors. You will work alongside ARM’s brightest formal experts to plan and execute Formal Verification to exceptional quality.
Education & Qualifications
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant subject. Other STEM degree types may also be considered.
The candidate must have:
• Experience in functional verification or digital hardware design
• Familiarity with formal methods (e.g. SVA, PSL, model checking, theorem proving)
• An engineering mind-set and passion for digital design
• Understanding of fundamental verification concepts
• A keen interest in processors and digital systems
• Understanding of computer architecture & micro-architectural concepts
• Knowledge of hardware description and verification languages, such as VHDL, Verilog/SystemVerilog, PSL
• Strong reasoning skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to understand and map abstract formal concepts onto designs
• Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
• Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Familiarity with industry-standard formal verification tools
• Understanding of the end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
• Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Python/Perl/TCL
• Proficiency in shell programming/scripting
• Familiarity with ARM architecture and instruction set
• Familiarity with model-checking techniques
• Exposure to invariants and abstractions
• Understanding of assume-guarantee reasoning
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
• Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
• Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
• Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
• Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
• Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their exceptional contributions to arm's success in the global marketplace.
arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps