We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family. These CPUs power some of the world’s best-selling smartphones, tablets and gaming systems, using technology that has taken user experience and performance to another level.
Now working on the next generation of processors that will appear in the most desirable products over the next 3 years, the Sophia Antipolis design team is a good combination of very experienced engineers and some of the most talented graduates, coming from the very best engineering schools. Collectively, the team is highly creative, collaborative, delivery orientated and committed.
Are you passionate about Python and Arm based hardware platforms?
Build something that the world is waiting to see
System complexity is now part of our every day’s IP development. Developing CPU involves joint effort from multiple teams. Your role as a graduate software engineer will be to develop and maintain tools enabling development teams around the world, acting as a multiplier of the efficiency for all the CPU team (Design, Verification, Implementation)
What will you be accountable for?
As a member of the Sophia Antipolis Software team:
- You will develop and deploy delivery methodology and exchange data across teams, sites and projects
- You will maintain and use Out of the Box testing suite for CPU products
- You will monitor and support continuous integration automation
- Follow Arm Standards
- Your team uses the latest tools and methodologies with an eye for innovation and creative problem solving
Education & Qualifications:
- You will need to be graduating in 2019, or already graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other science graduates will be considered with relevant experience.
- Experience/exposure on programming on Arm based hardware platform would be beneficial.
Essential Skills & Experience
- You have experience with Python and with code development in a multi core/threaded platform.
- You have the ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Able to work in French and in English
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Working in UNIX/Linux environment, with bug tracking and source code control systems, especially GIT
- Bash shell and Perl scripting.
- Academic experience with C is preferred
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps