We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a talented and ambitious Agile Coach? Can you advise and coach Agile practices? Can you encourage teams to deliver at pace? Do you want to enhance business communication & improve collaboration at Arm?
Arm IT Service Operations are embarking on a journey to become more value driven. There are 3 areas we are focusing on:
- Delivering Service Operations Initiatives and improvements following an agile methodology
- Using agile principles to undertake our ‘run’ activities
- Developing Lean processes that are compatible with agility
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
What you will do:
- Motivate and coach the Service Operations team to follow Agile practices to become self-organised and empowered.
- Create and deliver curated Service Operations training courses/ lunch and learns which improve the overall agile skills, capabilities and challenge thinking
- Run experiments, fail fast and explore how agile can help realise Service Operation’s strategy whilst taking a methodology agnostic view
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities which will improve Enterprise IT's ability to be agile and implementing process improvements to meet that goal
- Coach immature teams, identify and develop the next generation of Agile leaders
- Contribute to the central knowledge hub of good practice so that IT has a central repository of self-help information
- Work with others to raise and remove organisational blockers
- Support and develop Communities of Practices
- Formulate reciprocal planning sessions, motivate team members, conduct engaging stand-ups and facilitate awesome demos.
- Remove team impediments and 'noise' to improve productivity and quality.
- Provide mentorship on improving Agile competency.
- Interact with the Service Operations Leadership Team to develop an engaging agile vision and roadmap.
- Build a safe, high-trust environment where conflicts can be raised and resolved effectively.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters in Enterprise IT and across Arm.
Relevant Skills/ Experience
- Experience working in Service Operations
- Excellent knowledge of Lean-Agile approaches, such as Kanban and Scrum.
- A servant-leader mentality and a growth mindset with a commitment to learn and improve.
- Strong examples of positive results you have gained from your involvement with previous teams & changes you have championed.
- Strong understanding of Lean techniques and their application to processes
- Excellent communication, facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams in applying agile principles and achieving goals
- Understanding of market leading agile development principles
- Able to understand technical terminology and a strong understanding of technical environments
- Servant leader mindset – shares the same personal attributes as a very experienced scrum master
- Able to find opportunities for ongoing organisational redesign
- Expert user of tools to support agile delivery management (Jira, Confluence and Kanban boards)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment. Familiar with automated testing, BDD, TDD, continuous integration/deployment etc.
It would be beneficial if you have...
- A Certified Scrum Master qualification.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile techniques that support workshop facilitation (Agile Games, etc.).
- Go-to 'toolbox' of tried and tested approaches that engage your teams and meeting attendees.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps