We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
The Arm Research machine learning research group in Boston collaborates with product teams to deliver industry leading hardware and software solutions to Arm’s partners. We, the Boston team, also work closely with the leading academic machine learning groups in the Boston area to ensure that the latest developments inform new and existing Arm products, from IoT and mobile devices through to automotive and enterprise systems.
We are looking to add extraordinary researchers to the Boston Machine Learning research group. You will have the opportunity to influence real products through leading-edge research. You will also be afforded the freedom to develop new skills, collaborate with academic partners and publish your research.
We are a team whose architecture and systems research activities cover a wide range of disciplines including mobile and laptop personal computing platforms and applications; server, cloud, and HPC computing; emerging memory technologies; interconnects; design and analysis of security protocols; safe and fault tolerant systems; exploiting parallelism with vector, SIMD, throughput, and multi-core architecture; machine learning and computer vision; robotics; and data analytics.
What will I be accountable for?
You will specifically be responsible for:
- Identifying key machine learning technologies, and determining how they’ll impact Arm products and partners
- Developing and adapting machine learning algorithms for energy constrained mobile and wearable devices
- Collaborating with Arm product teams to influence new hardware and software IP
- Advancing the state of the art in areas such as natural language processing, computer vision, sensor fusion, object tracking, and motion planning
- Prototyping hardware and software solutions
- Attending conferences and collaborating with academic partners
- Reporting and presenting experimental results and research to internal and external organizations
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or related discipline
- Proven understanding of machine learning/deep learning.
- Deep understanding of CPU and GPU micro-architecture
- Strong CPU/GPU programming skills
- Scientific, data-driven, objective mindset
- Some familiarity with computer architecture and hardware design is desirable
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Boston office houses the cycle model team, multiple engineering groups along with sales and marketing personnel. Considered a cradle of the American Revolution, this historic seaport city is a city with a rabid sports scene, including the Boston Red Sox, winners of the 2013 World Series. It is also home to numerous prestigious institution of higher learning including Harvard and MIT.
Boston, MA USA
100 5th Avenue, Suite 5010
Waltham, MA 02451