We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are the Internet of Things Business Unit and we are looking for a talented engineer to join in the development of the mbed cloud portal enabling device management. In our team, we develop the applications that will give billions of connected devices a presence on the web, making them easy to use and to develop for.
As a web application engineer, you’ll join the premier team who use modern processes and technologies to develop high-profile products, bringing a web development mentality to the world of embedded engineering.
The role offers rare challenges working in a new business space where you can help craft the future of IoT and how users will interact with these new technologies.
You’ll be part of a team developing and delivering cloud-hosted portions of our device platform, including a variety of widely-used developer tools and high availability ‘OS level’ services for smart connected devices.
- Developing React / Redux based web applications
- Working with other premier engineers in delivering new products
- Deploying to containerised environments with AWS and Kubernetes
We believe that you will be the most successful if you can demonstrate experience of the following:
- Web application technologies including HTML5 and CSS3
- Agile principles and processes
- Continuous integration workflows
- Functional and unit testing (manual or automated)
- Implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
Additional desirable skills we would like to see which will benefit you to stand out from the rest:
- Experience with database design and usage
- Knowledge of Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes and AWS
- Knowledge of server-side development languages and/or frameworks (J2EE, Django, Node.js, etc.)
- Mobile UI development experience (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
- Experience with UX design principles
- Web server experience (Apache, NGINX, IIS, etc.)
- Knowledge of source control systems, especially git
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms or virtualised production environments
- Have delivered enterprise-grade single-page web applications
In your covering letter, please take the time expand on the experience and skills you have in relation to the criteria listed in this position. This also helps show us you have taken the time to read and understand the job opportunity, and have decided to apply on that basis. Please also feel free to share links to any public code or projects you may have created.
We are based in ARM headquarters in Cambridge, UK, so you should be willing and able to relocate as necessary.
You are expected to have a good degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a relevant subject.
As the leading supplier of semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP), ARM makes affordable, easy-to-use electronic innovations come to life. The ARM culture is open and relaxed where premier, creative engineers work together both passionately and collaboratively on solutions that craft how people connect every single day. Since the ARM ecosystem includes many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing, becoming an engineer at ARM means your work will live at the heart of the world’s most creative and widely used digital products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps