We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a highly skilled and motivated software engineer with experience of optimizing numerical software? If so, Arm is looking for you to join our world-class team in Manchester working on our maths libraries for HPC and more.
You will work on all aspects of researching, developing and delivering into the high performance ecosystem for the Arm architecture. You will be part of the team primarily focused on optimization of the Arm Performance Libraries implementations of BLAS, LAPACK and FFT routines. You could also work on the development of high performing open source math.h functions.
You will strive to improve the computational algorithms used and help develop new features to expand the use of this technology into new and existing markets. This will require innovation and cutting-edge development, working with both proprietary and open source software stacks, on the very latest Arm-based hardware.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to learn about and use the world-leading supercomputers that we support. Our tools are used by industry, government and academia to perform cutting-edge scientific research and simulations, such as weather forecasting, modelling the big bang and simulating the human brain.
- Optimization of numerical libraries for a range of target Arm-based systems, including improving vectorization and cache performance
- Improving the parallel performance of the library, allowing greater scalability
- Investigating, designing, implementing and testing new algorithms
- Producing and delivering high-quality, reliable libraries to our customers, partners and the community
- Working with other divisions in Arm to expand support of the architecture
Key Skills & Experience:
- You are excited by the prospect of delivering added performance to end users by writing high-performing low-level numerical code
- You have excellent programming skills in C++, C and/or Fortran
- Strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail
- You have a strong grasp of algorithms and data structures, and you enjoy applying this to get the best performance out of modern computer systems
Desirable Skills and Experience:
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application.
- Experience in optimization of numerical software
- Experience with vector architectures and auto-vectorization techniques
- Experience with parallel programming and parallel runtimes, especially OpenMP
- Developing for Unix operating systems, in particular Linux
- Experience of using HPC systems and maths libraries
- Exposure to large-scale software build, integration and test environments
Education & Qualifications:
You will need a good degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Computing, or an alternative with relevant experience.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps