We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a problem solver who likes to code and build useful automation tools? Are you passionate about technology and efficiency because you love getting stuff done? Do you enjoy rising to the challenge of working in a high scale system? Join our us as we shape and grow our diverse, global team. This is your opportunity to collaborate in a meaningful way with a small, dedicated team located across several Arm offices.
Arm’s technology is in nearly everything you touch and use in your daily life, from smartphones to TVs to cars. We are building on our global success in advanced and secure microprocessor platforms into the new and exciting world of the “Internet of Things”.
Arm’s IoT Services Group (ISG) is a fast-growing SaaS business, developing and proliferating the industry-defining a leading IoT Platform, Mbed. We are helping industry leaders harness IoT in new ways, gain insight into their data, and unlock new business possibilities. Mbed Device Management is our flagship product, offering simplicity in creating secure IoT apps in the Cloud and at the Edge, with support for secure asset injection, connectivity and device configuration management, and firmware over-the-air updates.
As an engineer joining our team, you become a crucial part of building a high performance, massive scale IoT Device Management platform. This is a cloud-first, SaaS business model. You will be collaborating with key customers migrating to on premise for vertical markets needing local management of the Mbed IoT Platform.
This role is an excellent opportunity to make a positive impact on Arm's IoT strategy by developing smarter automation tools and practical proof of concepts that solve deployment hurdles and keep customers happy.
Our team owns the production environment reliability, continuous improvement, the collection and resolution of dependencies, monitoring capabilities, emergency response, latency and efficiency.
What are the skills, qualifications, and experience you need?
- You need a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar discipline or relevant work experience
- You also need a minimum of 4 years of experience working with Python
- You bring a minimum of 18 months of experience managing AWS or OpenStack deployments (large) with Kubernetes or Docker
- Coding skills: be able to develop, debug and optimize code
- Taking initiative: get involved in full life cycle from product design, deployment to day operations
- Flexibility: On call support (in future as this new team expands)
- Out-of-the-box thinker with great interpersonal skills
- Linux, Jenkins, Micro-Services
- Development of E2E solution (full stack) including platform, network and application
- Automation & CI/CD
At Arm, core beliefs reflect our creative culture, guide our decisions, and define how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. Here is a sampling for you:
We not I
- No individual owns the right answer
- Brilliance is collective and Information is crucial, share it
Passion for progress
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps