We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking to add talented Infrastructure System Architects to our Systems Group. As an Infrastructure Architect at Arm you will participate in the investigation and development of System related technologies which meet the requirements of our Infrastructure market partners.
What will I be accountable for?
This challenging position, will offer you the opportunity to work on the latest technology in a collaborative environment to:
- Participate in the definition of system architectures for Infrastructure markets from edge to hyperscale systems using Arm technology.
- Define Arm IP component requirements to meet the specific application needs.
- Define the partition of functionality between hardware and software.
- Create and own the architecture specifications that define system topologies that incorporate Arm compute, security, boot strategies, IO interfacing requirements, and other system architecture related topics
- Guide and align the development work taking place across multiple design teams. This includes steering the development of functional and performance models, reviewing the microarchitectural specifications and test plans and supporting the development of Software (firmware, middleware, operating systems).
- Define performance metrics and goals and work with the performance analysis team to refine the results, including expected latency and bandwidth targets, Quality of Service (QoS), device IO, and next generation memory technologies.
- Work with hardware and software engineering teams to refine power expectations under various workloads
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven track record, with at least 7 years of industry experience in identifying and translating server requirements into system solutions and SoC designs
- Deep knowledge of Infrastructure system architecture requirements including server class power management techniques, high speed IO interfaces like PCIe and SATA, security, and external to SoC system monitoring and remote device management
- Deep understanding of system component inter-dependencies including memory and IO systems, and of systems-level performance modeling and analysis.
- Understanding of general-purpose CPU microarchitecture, including knowledge of areas such as processor pipelines, caches, memory hierarchy, and multi-processor systems.
- Understanding of architecture and micro-architecture of specialized processors for image processing,
- Understanding of system architecture impact on physical design and vice-versa.
- Proven ability to generate consistent, complete, and concise written specifications.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams both locally and across sites.
- Motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to Arm’s success.
- Some travel outside the US to Arm and customer sites may be required.
Desired behaviors for this role:
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our visionary culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinarily. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps